Monday, May 5, 2014

  
  
Modeling the Polar Lights Green Hornet Black Beauty


  It’s been awhile since I’ve been into modeling, since I was growing up if I really want to count it up. 


I assembled a Polar Lights Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea Seaview model but have yet to complete the painting I want to do on it. I will be posting it soon after finishing the Black Beauty. 

I was hooked on the Green Hornet TV series with the popularity of the Batman TV series. It stared Van Williams and a young Bruce Lee. You might know him from Enter the Dragon, but he also did some TV appearances as well, on Ironside (Raymond Burr) and Longstreet (James Franciscus.) 

Back then, his Jeet Kune Do was Gung Fu and it did become quite popular. He did some great martial arts on the TV show. In the movies, one of my favorites was his destroying Marlowe’s office in the James Garner film. 

There was a couple of original books published based on the show. They were received with little attention. 


I have yet to try any of the videos on Amazon or such as I've seen a lot of negative comments. 

The model I started and completed yesterday is a reissue of an older Aurora model that I did when growing up. I liked it then, I still like it. Glad I did it and would recommend it if you like the show and  modeling. 

It is a moderately challenging model, although I did need to do a lot of trimming. I did a little painting inside, on the control panel as well as the exterior rockets and headlights.  




Next, after the fine tuning on the Seaview, I will be tackling the Flying Sub, also from Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. Look forward to showing it off when completed as well.














































No comments:

Post a Comment